+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wear Your Sunblock

This is an old thread but one worth bumping.....I spent 17 summers at the Jersey Shore....if it was sunny, we were on the beach from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This was from the late 60's through the early 80's when few people put on sunscreen. I married this woman for a reason.....in February 2012, my wife says there is a black spot on my back and she doesn't like it. Mind you, this is two weeks after I went for an annual physical which included a skin exam. Yup.....Melanoma. The surgeon took a chunk out of my shoulder the size of half a lemon and the scar looks like a butterfly tattoo. Wear your sunscreen, wide-brim hats etc....

Bumping for the summer. My wife has been battling recurring melanoma for the past 3 years. Its some scary stuff. Wear spf clothing and sunscreen.

Smallie Susqyman is on a distinguished road Susqyman's Avatar
    I've had at least half a dozen basil cells removed in my lifetime. Goes back to my stupid days in college of thinking I could get a tan even though I've always been a fair haired leaping knome who burns and then peels. Now when I spend maybe 1/2 hour in the sun unprotected, I get these red blotches breaking out on my forearms. Takes days being out of the sunlight for them to heal. Sunscreens have come a long way since the days of being an oily mess on your skin.
    Daryl

+ Reply to Thread