+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Camping etiquette

Smallie squatch is on a distinguished road squatch's Avatar
    I wouldn't but people are clueless these days. Same folks who park their motorhome right next to you in an empty Campground.

But then again I'm quick to let people know I'm not happy about it. I usually get the point across.

One of the joys of being retired. For the most part I stay away from boat ramps and campgrounds except on week days anymore. There are a couple of state park campgrounds nearby I use regularly with the truck camper in the off season. Normally have the place to myself.

Another benefit is getting to be on a 1st name basis with the Rangers.
    Last edited by squatch; 09-18-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Smallie hookup is on a distinguished road hookup's Avatar
    Typically never have that problem because my campsights are on a river bank away from civilization
    Bass fishermen watch Monday night football, drink beer, drive pickup trucks and prefer noisy women with big breasts.

Smallie sean b is on a distinguished road sean b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hookup View Post
    Typically never have that problem because my campsights are on a river bank away from civilization
    I don't camp often but that's the only way I'll do it as well.

If you haven't figured it out yet, 75% of the people in this world are idiots, unaware, no situational awareness, etc. Just blissful, blithering idiots.
    Another 15% are *******s who think they are the center of the universe.

They were probably totally unaware they were intruding on you, just blissful ignorance.
    I am a very conscious and aware person, it can make you edgy and mad at all the idiots, I spend my day usually somewhat ticked off at the masses of idiots on the road, etc. or always spotting a hazard or danger.

Think about it, if you where born an idiot, you would be happy, because you would be unaware of all the stupidity around you,,, sure you would be pissing off all the intelligent people around you, but you would be blissfully ignorant (happy).
    So if I could snap my fingers and change one characteristic about me, taller?, darker tan?, better looking? NOPE --- Dumber! That way I could go through life with a big ole Gomer Pile slack jaw smile as I cheat death without even knowing it

Smallie squatch is on a distinguished road squatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hookup View Post
    I still do that but now that I have the truck camper I see campgrounds more often. Especially off season when few are there. it gets me out more often. Almost weekly in cool weather.

Smallie BuKuBass is on a distinguished road BuKuBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    ... Think about it, if you where born an idiot, you would be happy, because you would be unaware of all the stupidity around you,,, sure you would be pissing off all the intelligent people around you, but you would be blissfully ignorant (happy).
    So if I could snap my fingers and change one characteristic about me, taller?, darker tan?, better looking? NOPE --- Dumber! That way I could go through life with a big ole Gomer Pile slack jaw smile as I cheat death without even knowing it

or
    I have just the solution for you. Have you seen the John Frankenheimer film "Seconds" starring Rock Hudson and Will Geer? The procedure could be accomplished retroactively. Jump to 7:20 if you're impatient.
    Last edited by BuKuBass; 09-19-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    I used to get disgusted; now I'm just amused.

Smallie earthworm77 is on a distinguished road
    It is the lack of respect that seems to become more apparent with the younger generations. The sh*t that is going on today, we simply didn't do that because our parents kicked the crap out of us if we got out of hand.
    Common sense and a respect for others has pretty much been bred out of people.

Smallie OHcrap is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    If you haven't figured it out yet, 75% of the people in this world are idiots, unaware, no situational awareness, etc. Just blissful, blithering idiots.
    Another 15% are *******s who think they are the center of the universe.

Smallie hookup is on a distinguished road hookup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    It is the lack of respect that seems to become more apparent with the younger generations. T
    I can't blame the younger generation. I have to blame their parents.

I raised my son different than that and one thing he does that makes me proud is he has respect.

And many of the kids that attend my church show respect. Many, not all.

Whenever I see a young'n show respect to others, I gain a little faith in the future of the people of the world.

I've actually complemented parents who are complete strangers on the job they've done with their kids when I see them act with respect; and have seen tears from the parents in return
    Bass fishermen watch Monday night football, drink beer, drive pickup trucks and prefer noisy women with big breasts.

+ Reply to Thread