+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: kayak set up

Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    Looks like a lot of thought went into that rig. If it works for you, Great!

But there is more hardware on that rig than I have on my jet. I prefer not to paddle bass boats myself.

For me yaks and canoes are about simplicity and KISS principle. paddle, PFD, and a rod or 2. I will go as far as a backrest. But that's just me.

When I think about the several times I slid out over the gunnel as the boat was tipping in the Ozarks this spring. The thought of sliding over that hardware gives me the willie's.
    agree2

Small Fry teamflanneloutdoors is on a distinguished road teamflanneloutdoors's Avatar
    Mine is pretty plain jane. I don't want anything on the outside of my Kayak that won't still be there after a log jam. Be it over, or under, or around, or especially through. No disrespect, just me and how/where I fish sometimes.
    Last edited by teamflanneloutdoors; 10-21-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Smallie HookRz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by teamflanneloutdoors View Post
    Mine is pretty plain jane. I don't want anything on the outside of my Kayak that won't still be there after a log jam. Be it over, or under, or around, or especially through. No disrespect, just me and how/where I fish sometimes.
    My yak, rarely used, is more of a floating tackle box for long trips on small streams. I get out to fish 99.9% of the time.

That's exactly what I use mine for!

+ Reply to Thread