+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on new spinning rod

Smallie OHcrap is on a distinguished road
    Honestly, anyone on here is doing himself a disservice if he doesn't check out that guy on ebay I posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsimon View Post
    Another vote for the St. Croix Avid. I have one, and love it. Great rod.

With that said, I've recently started buying Cabelas Pro Guide spinning rods. They come in whatever length/action combo you want, in either 1 or 2 piece. They have a fast tip, are light weight, and have an action very similar to the St. Croix. Not to mention they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty and cost only $30. You guys might laugh at me, but I don't feel a difference between the St. Croix and the cheapo. Well, maybe a tiny tiny difference, but it's certainly not $170 worth of difference.
    I have a couple bass pro and cabelas rods I feel the same way about. And I love my shimano stradic ci4s but honestly don't see myself buying more . Cabelas had the pflueger presidents on clearance for $40 and I bought 6 of them. For the money they are a great deal in my opinion. Like you said they may not be the same but not worth the difference in money

Smallie mr. lucky is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I have a couple bass pro and cabelas rods I feel the same way about. And I love my shimano stradic ci4s but honestly don't see myself buying more . Cabelas had the pflueger presidents on clearance for $40 and I bought 6 of them. For the money they are a great deal in my opinion. Like you said they may not be the same but not worth the difference in money
    ...ditto...but, each to his own.

Smallie Pup is on a distinguished road Pup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OHcrap View Post
    Honestly, anyone on here is doing himself a disservice if he doesn't check out that guy on ebay I posted earlier.
    I've included him into my favorite sellers list. Checked the box for his newsletter too.

Smallie Va Larry is on a distinguished road Va Larry's Avatar

Do you mind posting it again? I remember you posting it, but didn't see it when I went back thru this thread. Thanks.

Smallie sadler81 will become famous soon enough sadler81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Larry View Post

Do you mind posting it again? I remember you posting it, but didn't see it when I went back thru this thread. Thanks.
    It was in a different thread.....http://www.riversmallies.com/forum/s...ing-rod-advice
    "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world" -John Muir

Smallie Va Larry is on a distinguished road Va Larry's Avatar
    Thanks, I bookmarked it.

This one stood out to me- All Star 6'3" Medhvy Titanium model casting rod, Minema handle, mini guides, new
    The Titanium rods were a top of the line model for All Star. They came with different components on the rods, and retailed for 199. if I remember right.
    This one would probably be good for 1/2 oz spinnerbaits, 4 to 5" walking topwaters, and 100 to 110 jerkbaits.
    Last edited by Va Larry; 11-11-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Smallie OHcrap is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Larry View Post
    Thanks, I bookmarked it.

This one stood out to me- All Star 6'3" Medhvy Titanium model casting rod, Minema handle, mini guides, new
    The Titanium rods were a top of the line model for All Star. They came with different components on the rods, and retailed for 199. if I remember right.
    This one would probably be good for 1/2 oz spinnerbaits, 4 to 5" walking topwaters, and 100 to 110 jerkbaits.
    Most of the rods I have from him are shorter All-Star pistol grips that I use for spinnerbaits. He usually has several of those up for $80-90. Kind of strange he doesn't have any right now.

Smallie VirginiaRiverGuy is on a distinguished road VirginiaRiverGuy's Avatar
    Any rod will do. However we need one more post to push the Donald thread off the front page so Sadler can go to bed.

Smallie sadler81 will become famous soon enough sadler81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaRiverGuy View Post
    Any rod will do. However we need one more post to push the Donald thread off the front page so Sadler can go to bed.
    Hey go **** yourself bud. There gone.
    "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world" -John Muir

+ Reply to Thread