+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 150$ range multi purpose casting rod advice

Yearling Egall816 is on a distinguished road

150$ range multi purpose casting rod advice

I'm looking for a casting rod between 6'6-7ft for multi purpose use. Prefer like some rods a 1/4oz-3/4oz rating so I'm assuming for the most part a mh power with a fast action. I looked at falcon bucco sr, dobyns fury, lews etc. If anyone has any experience with a budget friendly rod for around 150 price range, I'm open to all suggestions, for the most part I'm a finesse kinda guy and spinning rods are my bread and butter. Sadly my multi purpose rod is down in Florida where I use it more. I

Smallie HookRz is on a distinguished road
    If you prefer to buy American the St. Croix Premier series fits the bill.

I have the Falcon in my garage. I won't use it.

Pm incoming
    Team Hotbatch
    Team Yumling
    Team Wincos Erie Darter ripoff is the bomb
    Team Rocksleeper
    Hostess Pro Staff
    Krispy Kreme staff member
    Gurkha Stoagie field tester

Smallie Peyton is on a distinguished road
    Oh good, I was just about to start a "what is the best granulated fish meal?" thread.

Smallie l1ranger is on a distinguished road
    seriuosly looks like dehydrate mouse poops

where is the captain anyway, somebody needs to make this stowaway walk the plank
    Josh

Next time we'll go Danish and split it 60/60

And I am busted, broke, and bent, and beat, and 'bout halfway to dead
    maybe I should quit while I'm ahead

Smallie OHcrap is on a distinguished road
    Try this guy. I have bought half a dozen rods from him. https://www.ebay.com/sch/rowriverfsh...p2047675.l2562

Smallie Travis is on a distinguished road
    http://stores.ebay.com/American-Lega...sub=6194147018

Where I would be looking for a good deal on something a bit up the ladder. ALFC puts new items up every Sunday evening. The Loomis sticks carry a rock solid warranty and many are new with tags.

Won a bid on my most recent NRX on there. Called and paid for it. Two days later was on the water with it after work. Simple.
    "Once a Marine always a Marine".
    River Rock Custom Baits
    In Fisherman Midwest Finesse

Yearling Egall816 is on a distinguished road
    I wish I knew about alfc having a ebay! I looked at a st croix and with how they fish a mh would be perfect. Like I said it's used but not half as much as spinning for me.

Ive been fishing a long time, and if you don't go visit this guy and buy a rod you wont find out what you have been missing. Id suggest a 610m in the Black series, a rod designed by me.

www.eliterods.com

Dan Bowman is one of the good guys left in the fishing world. He builds each rod himself, one at a time, and doesn't settle for "ok" or "good enough". I thought I knew a lot about blanks, handles, actions until I met Dan. He is legit, and builds the best rod I have ever placed my hands on.

Smallie drxfish is on a distinguished road drxfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh McDermott View Post
    Ive been fishing a long time, and if you don't go visit this guy and buy a rod you wont find out what you have been missing. Id suggest a 610m in the Black series, a rod designed by me.

www.eliterods.com

Dan Bowman is one of the good guys left in the fishing world. He builds each rod himself, one at a time, and doesn't settle for "ok" or "good enough". I thought I knew a lot about blanks, handles, actions until I met Dan. He is legit, and builds the best rod I have ever placed my hands on.
    Hi Josh!
    I don't see the 6'10" in M, only 6"6" and 7'. What gives? Good prices, micro guides?

John

+ Reply to Thread